User talk:Reason.decrystallized/Builds/N/any Blood of the Lich
Please test and vote on [Category:Untested builds]. Testing is encouraged but not required.
- I like it. quick nukes, great survivability. i run this w/o jaundiced because it's a little energy intensive, but other than that, it's an efficient killer is standard PvE. 126.96.36.199 21:18, 14 April 2007 (CDT)
- Favored. Constant armor ignoring DPS. Covers its own life saccing too, which can take some pressure off those rare PvE monks ;) Ekrin 18:15, 23 April 2007 (CDT)
- I left a comment near the bottom explaining my experience with this build. it deserves favored, more than any of the necro builds in the favored section, even. I deleted my unfavored vote, and it can be realized that i am the same person to see the ip adress i am using right now is similar to the one i used to vote before. "J" 02:11, 27 April 2007 (CDT)
there are much better ways to achieve simple damage and healing. MUCH better ways. this is relatively low dmg compared to an earth ele, and less healing compared to earth ele with mystic regen. not enough energy management because it's not enough dmg to even guarantee a kill. the list goes on. i don't want to see a build like this get favored just because it's simple - it's not good, when other builds that are get unfavored because they're complex. 188.8.131.52 07:39, 22 April 2007 (CDT)
- Most things have lower damage than an ele. Eles main use is damage. eles are commonly called "nukers" for a reason. Dont get me wrong, eles can do much more, including tanking. Still that isnt really the best comparison, and you also used two classes to compare to one Ekrin 13:17, 22 April 2007 (CDT)
- "i don't want to see a build like this get favored just because it's simple"--says someone who just lauded the virtues of the geomancer/mystic regen combo. True, a heavy ele would have more damage, and a mystic regen build would get more than nine pips. But since when have "nukers have higher dps" and "mystic regen can get more regeneration" been sufficient reason to unfavor? It's worth pointing out, though, that while the dps isn't terribly high (around 36 w/o jaundiced or a 20/20), it's all life-steal or armor ignoring. How many earth ele's can put 500 damage on a warrior or ranger in under 20 seconds? Reason.decrystallized 17:06, 23 April 2007 (CDT)
- Energy Management?
- Soul Reaping and Signet of Lost Souls perhaps? —SigmA
i guess i see now the reason why the builds section is getting wiped. people unfavor good builds (like this) when really they are good. i am really happy i saw this build, it really is a credit to the author, and many thanks. - "J" 02:01, 27 April 2007 (CDT)
Umm.. degen. --Dazra 03:39, 13 April 2007 (CDT)
As I mentioned in the build page itself, between Blood Renewal and a single Life Siphon target, you have 9 pips of regen, punctuated by occasional healing spikes from Blood Renewal, Aura of the Lich (which gives you the "when this enchantment ends" health whenever it would have ended, even if you renew it), Jaundiced Gaze, Blood of the Aggressor, and Signet of Lost Souls. You can even spam Life Siphon around to get more regen. I've dealt with 13 pips before (Conjure Phantasm + Conjure Nightmare) with only mild problems. Reason.decrystallized 07:55, 13 April 2007 (CDT)
Why is it that people automatically assume that AoTL gets owned by degen? I understand you have half health, but with a build like this, there is no reason to get killed by degen unless you don't comprehend blood magic... — Nightshadow 12:02, 13 April 2007 (CDT)
- Needs BR, otherwise spamming dark pact and blood of the agressor is good enough. You should be constantly spamming those, but anything more spammed (ie jaundiced gaze) will butcher your energy until the target dies. --8765 12:30, 13 April 2007 (CDT)
Because of the fact that it only takes ~15 seconds of -10 degen to kill someone with aotl? Meaning you have to spam blood magic, and it's not hard to exceed the -10 either to coutnerract BR. I just find AoTL in pvp extremely risky. Also, what happens when you go against a build with accumlated pain and yo have deep wound lowering it further? or another blood life steal build? That "damage' isn't reduced. --Dazra 19:10, 15 April 2007 (CDT)
- Questionablu true for PvP sometimes but not many mobs in PvE are capible to give you -19 degen. Most teams can't either unless they are a degen team probably expecially in the PvP arenas that it is marked for Ekrin 22:02, 16 April 2007 (CDT)
Haven't got round to testing thoroughly yet but looks ok. Have removed jaundiced gaze though, as previously stated above, it is too energy intensive. Currently running gaze of contempt in RA to counter the hordes of shield of regen monks recently. One last thing...Dazra, learn to read. I agree, -10 degen will kill AoTL necs quickly. However, if you look at this build, you will see that having -10 degen - and using the skills suggested, is highly unlikely in the suggested arenas. You should always have at least +9 constant plus spike heals. Try it before you comment. Cypher 22:47, 18 April 2007 (CDT)
- Whoops, should have been more clear. BR as in Blood Ritual. Any blood necro that's not part of a B-spike should be carrying BR for the monks. Gaze of contempt, Strip Enchantment, consume corpse, all good replacements for Jaundiced gaze. --8765 14:58, 23 April 2007 (CDT)
Okay, Here is my experience with this build. I saw it on the place, and had previous experience with other "aura of the lich" builds that were in the favored section, and they totally sucked. I had other experience with other builds that were different CLASS but same style, purpose and concept, and this at first appeared to be inferior to those. However, i tested it out, for the experience (after i voted of course lmao).
At first I was like "this build sucks" because the enchants wore off pretty quick or got "shattered" or whatnot.
But once I got the hang of keeping the enchants up, it became quite fun, and actually worked quite well in RA (great survivability and seem impossible to stop the kill by a single monk - that is unless your enchants wear off - good general pressure build). Peace. 184.108.40.206 03:29, 26 April 2007 (CDT)