Archive~6 Oct 2007 ---- Archive~19 Nov 2007 ---- Archive~15 Dec 2007---- Archive~8 Feb 2008 ---- Something rather empty~9 Feb 2008 ---- Archive~28 Feb 2008 ---- Archive~29 March 2008 ---- Archive~23 April 2008 ---- Archive~29 May 2008 ---- Archive~17 July (double digits) 2008 ---- Archive~28 August 2008 ---- Archive~6 Oct 2008 ---- Archive~11th March 2009
Yarly. --- -- (contribs) (talk) 20:44, 11 March 2009 (UTC)
- Treet is better. RoseOfKali 21:01, 11 March 2009 (UTC)
- third spam? Cress Arvein 21:02, 11 March 2009 (UTC)
- It's like saying you placed third in Special Olympics. RoseOfKali 21:12, 11 March 2009 (UTC)
- Wow, no spam for a long time.--El_Nazgir 19:29, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
I was here first!
I just noticed. Really, I was around like 5 months before you were.--El_Nazgir 19:38, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
- What is your user ID (check Preferences)? (T/C) 19:39, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
- 712987, But I just checked contributions. Btw, I just noticed I was mistaken. It's only 1-2 months, but you didn't have an account back then.--El_Nazgir 19:42, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
- I am 702965 and started nearly a year before you, going by contributions. Which also makes me more "furst" than Viper. :] (T/C) 19:49, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
- What does the user ID mean? --Macros 19:57, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
- Tells you when your account was created. Lower number = created earlier. (T/C) 19:57, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
- Mine is 694610. Does that mean I win? Also, my ID on GWW is 173, registering on the day it came out so no one steals my name ftw. --Macros 20:00, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
- Correction: only 8 months. End September->end April.--El_Nazgir 20:02, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
- 709714, only slightly younger than Entropy. Wow... talk 21:03, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
- Also, note that these user IDs are from when you joined wikia, not when you joined GuildWiki. My user ID is 423886- and I didn't join until way after Entropy. --Shadowcrest 21:06, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
- To add to the ID pool: 689091. What do I win? RoseOfKali 21:15, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
- My point was that I was just surprised that I was on the wiki before several popular users. Felix, and now Viper, just to name a few (actually, just the ones I can think of atm, but I'm certain there were others too).--El_Nazgir 21:21, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
User ID: 440573. Lulz. --- -- (contribs) (talk) 23:05, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
- Where can I find those? I'd like to brag too ;) Arnout aka The Emperors Angel 07:19, 25 March 2009 (UTC)
- Somewhere up in the right hand corner of your screen you can click "preferences". Alternatively go to Special:Preferences. (T/C) 07:41, 25 March 2009 (UTC)
- Lol, my user id is 726039. Im a young member! Arnout aka The Emperors Angel 10:30, 25 March 2009 (UTC)
- Doesn't say anything about your importance, though:
User ID: 761251
Member of groups: Autoconfirmed users, Users, Bureaucrats,
Sysops, emailconfirmed, rollback
- --◄mendel► 10:58, 25 March 2009 (UTC)
- 441955, oot. -- - talk 12:08, 25 March 2009 (UTC)
- I was here long before any of you (except Entropy, I think). But wikia move screwed my ID number over so now I can't brag about it no moar. QQ — Nova — (contribs) 00:32, 1 April 2009 (UTC)
- I still have my gwiki ID number =). 454241 on wikia, though. Cress Arvein 01:39, 3 April 2009 (UTC)
- My prefs report 303594 RandomTime 17:02, 18 April 2009 (UTC)
I spent 4 zkeys on a chest (i hardly ever use that thing, i'm not even z1 yet) and got 2 gold weps, a tonic and a tome; not a single firewater. — Nova — (contribs) 19:51, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
- Shouldn't you be glad? RoseOfKali 19:57, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
- I'll give you 2 Firewaters for your next key. That's more than you'd get from it normally. --Macros 20:00, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
- What did I do wrong? Talk 19:26, 17 June 2009 (UTC)
You broke RC! I'd expected better from you... -- - talk 15:19, 15 April 2009 (UTC)
yes --Shadowcrest 14:35, 18 April 2009 (UTC)
- Unclean Beast is so amazing <3 It's lovely to see hundreds upon hundreds of damage numbers float up from Plague. --- -- (contribs) (talk) 15:48, 18 April 2009 (UTC)
- I refuse to play him (and erebus) just because I hate their personalities D:
- I typically play Torchbearer, or if I have an ally in my lane Queen of Thorns. Killstealing with Fireball is so ftw <3 --Shadowcrest 17:06, 18 April 2009 (UTC)
- I can't stand the Torch personally. I always get him killed :P Oak is also mighty sexy.. Surge of Faith wins cake when you have a massive army. --- -- (contribs) (talk) 18:54, 18 April 2009 (UTC)
Thanks for deleting all those pages for me! -- Kirbman 18:41, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
- No problem, I suppose :) --- -- (contribs) (talk) 09:07, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
The anon also removed a 'no', which I have no way of verifying. You didn't add it back, is that because you tested it or just didn't notice? --Macros 20:51, 17 May 2009 (UTC)
- Noticed, cannot confirm nor deny. Might be changed, or faulty to begin with. --- -- (contribs) (talk) 20:58, 17 May 2009 (UTC)
- I'll just remove that part then, since now it implies the opposite of what it did before, that the Canthan icon won't change colors. --Macros 21:37, 17 May 2009 (UTC)
- I reverted the Anon... he removed the "no," turning that sentence into nonsense, and added a stray "f" to the Steel Ingotsf link, this smells like vandalism to me, and this was his only edit under that IP. Feel free to investigate and verify, but I call bogus. RoseOfKali 06:48, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
- Ahhahah... >_< I guess someone undid that already, making mine a null edit. ^_^; Yay for not checking the current history. RoseOfKali 06:49, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
Maybe you can help me
I saw that you just deleted a build that I began, I am a little confused because I thought I was following the guidelines for creating a new build, search for the build, then hit the create page button. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by my user space.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Smity Smitington (contribs) .
- Your userspace is everything contained at User:Smity Smitington and its subpages, this wiki does not do builds in the main article space. Otherwise, PvX Wiki is the wiki for builds. It's designed just for that. RoseOfKali 17:44, 19 May 2009 (UTC)
IT HAS FULL ALIEN NUDITY, FOX NEWS TOLD ME SO Entropy (C) 18:48, 25 May 2009 (UTC)
- It was human for me (I prefer looking at a woman the whole game long). And it's for ~3 seconds. Woo. Big deal. --- -- (contribs) (talk) 18:50, 25 May 2009 (UTC)
I spend all of your money. Thank you again. Arnout aka The Emperors Angel 12:29, 27 May 2009 (UTC)
There are 28,657,379 users, 2 active users, and 25 sysops. Except the active users will only actually be available in MediaWiki 1.15. --◄mendel► 19:16, 29 May 2009 (UTC)
I'm sure many users have made that joke and not been banned for it, what was the difference between the first Gwen reference and the second one that made the vampirism vandal subject to ban whist the gwen not? RandomTime 20:47, 31 May 2009 (UTC)
- The Gwen joke had some mild form of originality in it. The Vampirism vandal was just being a lame ass.
- Also, randomness of the draw (?) --- -- (contribs) (talk) 21:58, 31 May 2009 (UTC)
- I think we've all been guilty of going easy on funny vandals in the past. 22:09, 31 May 2009 (UTC)
Help please? =)
Is there a way to format an article (page for a weapon) and force it to use an image of a different name?
If you're curious, I need help and saw you're on :-) A F K When Needed 19:14, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
- Most infobox templates allow you to set the image explicitly with
image=whatever. Look up the infobox template you want to use, it should be documented, if it's not, please complain. --◄mendel► 19:42, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you! =)
- Think I was trying File: :P A F K When Needed 20:21, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
- I'm always 'on' after school, but not actively hawking RC all the time (was playing Diablo II Median '08 :> ). Anyways, what Mendel said :P --- -- (contribs) (talk) 20:33, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
- Liez A F K When Needed 20:38, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
- Iz tru, d00d. Jus mede a l337 b0w, ^jo. Maaad haxx0r. --- -- (contribs) (talk) 20:40, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
- You're a disgrace...
- I'd understand if it was L4D, or something, but, nope. *tuts* A F K When Needed 20:44, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
No longer requires deletion then reuploading. Just click move like any other page. — Balistic 23:31, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
- OMGHOLYCRAPSWEEEEETTT!!! Where was this when we were doing the massive armor gallery templatizification? RoseOfKali 04:45, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
- Wait... I don't see the move tab on images... O_o? RoseOfKali 04:47, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
- admins only :[ — Balistic 05:05, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
- Sweet :o 05:20, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
- Rose for admin now? ;-) Maybe we ought to give that right to the rollback group. It sucks to have to go through Wikia for stuff like that. --◄mendel► 12:54, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
- Nice. Didn't notice that one ;o --- -- (contribs) (talk) 12:36, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, that is one of the few nice things MW 1.5 or w/e has. However, as anyone from GWW will tell you, it can be a quite buggy feature - you may end up having a bigger mess than just deleting and reuploading sometimes. Entropy (C) 04:20, 4 June 2009 (UTC)
- Maybe it's not as buggy any more... --◄mendel► 09:45, 4 June 2009 (UTC)
You might want to +1 to the vandalized userbox :P A F K When Needed 15:48, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
- Not significant enough ;) --- -- (contribs) (talk) 15:49, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
- +2 A F K When Needed 15:57, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
- Maybe if it was in one edit, I'd +1 the box. --- -- (contribs) (talk) 15:58, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
- +3 A F K When Needed 16:00, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
Mean. :/ A F K When Needed 09:26, 18 June 2009 (UTC)
What time should I drop by at your house? :P --Fighterbitsj--talkpage contrib 16:27, 25 June 2009 (UTC)
- At RandomTime, silly Talk 07:54, 26 June 2009 (UTC)
A userbox - for those who've earned the right.
A F K When Needed 21:25, 29 June 2009 (UTC)
||This user has vandalized Vipermagi one time.
Since you appear to have taken an interest Thank you!
I'll admit, I'm not sure about the Elite Skill. A F K When Needed 10:47, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
- Corrupt Enchantment is quite nice, but there's a non-elite version, too.
- Also, Spiteful Spirit is always amazing (albeit pricy.. Bar is already quite heavy, so maybe not... Reaper's Mark lololol). --- -- (contribs) (talk) 14:41, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
- I did think of Rip first, but asking you to look at a build with no elite skill?
- ...perhaps not...
- On other news, I see you didn't pass comment on me sharing the userbox around :P A F K When Needed 18:54, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
- Hey, my Prot monks always ran around with max 6 skills before EotN (WNWN, RoJ buff, brain+..).\
- Couldn't think of anything useful to say ;o --- -- (contribs) (talk) 19:00, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
- Then don't be useful ;)
- tbh, I thought no SS because of Meteor Shower lol
- I'd consider it... mainly it's just there to serve a niche roll, it won't do much, but no elite skill is, imo, needed
- It's there and if it's needed, it'll be used A F K When Needed 19:04, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
- Reaper's Mark for enargeez; also the only build in GW (bar monsters) using the sorry skill :P Glee. --- -- (contribs) (talk) 19:14, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
- enargeez... is that...
- 1) A reference to that Monk explaining his bar? 'coz I am so gud
- 2) A reference to something I don't know about?
- 3) Just in general? A F K When Needed 21:23, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
I just feel compelled to pop in and say that Spiteful Spirit is bad in both PvE and PvP. This can be summed up with three reasons: 1) SS is unfocused. 2) There are simply faster and more effective ways to kill shit, especially in PvE. 3) It's elite. Entropy (C) 07:41, 2 July 2009 (UTC)
- 4) In PvP, they're not all attacking your tank like PvE enemies do, meaning they're kicking your ass while you're just giving them minor discouragement. Like Empathy used to be before it's gigantobuff --Gimmethegepgun 07:53, 2 July 2009 (UTC)
- Like Corrupt Enchantment is better for PvE purposes >.>""
- What else would you take, really? --- -- (contribs) (talk) 16:10, 2 July 2009 (UTC)
- Corrupt is purely a PvP skill, since none of the "special" bosses use enchants anyway.
- If I insist on taking an elite on a Curses necro (it really isn't necessary), it would be Lingering Curse for AoE cover hex to Shadow of Fear/Meekness, plus the other benefits. If I was doing something special like taking Chilblains (it's useful some places!!!!), I'd take Reaper's Mark for bonus enarjee. Otherwise I'd go N/Mo and take Empathic Removal or Signet of Removal...sometimes you can get away with Martyr and Plague Sending. N/Me with Expel is okay too.
- The thing with Curses necros is that I almost always use them for passive debuffs. If you pair Curses with an MM or such, then things like Mark of Pain and Barbs become useful, and that becomes Sabway-ish. But all I really ever need from Curses is condition recycling via FF + Plague Sending, Weakness from Enfeebling Blood, and physical debuff through Meekness etc. Weaken Armor can also be useful in some team setups. So in general I don't even need an elite on a Curses bar. At worst it might be Plague Signet over Sending, but that has its own drawbacks.
- I used to use SS a lot, but when I stopped trying to use Curses for killing stuff it just made for a better party. Heroes especially can't capitalize on SS at all. The only places I use it are special missions like Shiro tbh (since you really don't want him hitting you in the first place, thus Insidious becomes ehhh). Entropy (C) 04:37, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
- The build linked above doesn't need any hexes covered, so Lingering is meh, tops. Cheap, though, and gives a reduction in healing power. But who needs that in PvE.
- Chilblains is not an elite; See, AFK, not having an elite is fine :P CB is a nice skill, I'll give you that. You need a shitton of energy or a really cheap bar to use it often enough, though, which is a pity. AFK's bar doesn't have any energy to spare.
- Whee, Reaper's Mark. You'd probably be better off with SoLS (the current bar doesn't have SoLS yet, so); Much shorter cast, 7 recharge less, equal energy gain, health gain, Hex removal doesn't bumfuck it.. RMark has only one benefit, and that's it's health degen. Whoopty-friggin-doo. Oh, and it has more green in it's icon.
- Secondary profession is locked due to AFK putting a pet on nigh every bar. The mentioned skills are fine choices, though (although I personally dislike FF/PS (and Martyr/PS), regardless of transfer method). --- -- (contribs) (talk) 12:04, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
- Meh, FF is Necro and it allows you throw the conditions back over both Necro skills :)
- And I'm sorry, but I'd never come to you Viper, with a build that has 0 elite skills and ask you to do anything other than ignore it.
- Also, thank you Entropy for taking an interest :) A F K When Needed 12:16, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
- Meh, you need to use 25% of your bar to acquire all conditions and send them back. Just taking them on is plenty. --- -- (contribs) (talk) 15:00, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
- Wait, we were discussing a particular build? :\ I was just theorycrafting.
- The heal reduction is back to 33% again, which is an appreciable amount...Heal reduction generally doesn't stop PvE mobs, especially in Hard Mode because they have wtflux energy, but it's a lot more convenient than spreading Deep Wound. One cast of LC also just tends to make the AI waste its hex removal skills again and again, so if nothing else it is a good distraction. I also find it to be the most convenient skill to pair with Well of Darkness, a "Black" chain Assassin, other hex trigger stuff. Especially after they fixed Suffering.
- I put Signet of Lost Souls on any and every Necromancer bar, especially Heroes. The only exception is some PvP, where I might take Glyph Lesser instead - in GvG for instance, my guild never ran massive firepowers so things weren't getting to <50% often enough that it was better. (In most other arenas, SolS is preferable; Glyph Lesser is for bads and unbrave players, but it's much easier to use properly.) The thing with Reaper's Mark is that it is the only energy management elite for Necros which isn't Cultist's Fervor, and that would require you to spec into shitty Blood. Heroes can't use Glyph Lesser properly, either.
- In PvE, pets are *only* good if you're running some sort of gimmick build, for example IWAY (kinda bad in PvE), massive physical buffs/triggers so they do a bit more than pathetic DPS, Barrage/Pet where they serve as free tanks, 5x Enraged Lunge, or in a few special occasions such as Imperial Sanctum and you have Storm of Swords. (16x Storm of Swords < Shiro. Try it, it's fun.) Otherwise they are just a liability - you'll randomly get Diversion put on you, you're wasting a secondary and extra skill slots for Charm Animal at the very least, Revive Animal really slows you down, etc. Heroes are terrible at managing pets. AI will also waste precious redbarring and protting on pets. If left unchecked, pets can Leeroy much like a melee AI...they will keep chasing a target for quite a distance sometimes. You could argue that it doesn't matter because if they die they can just be rezzed, but that both slows down the party and maybe causes overaggro. Finally, Linsey (I think) stated that they will eventually be giving pets Death Penalty in PvE. Which would render them more or less totally useless. Entropy (C) 18:22, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
- I thought they were more or less totally useless already. O_o If anything, pets need a buff to Beast Mastery, some viable skills, or AI, anything to put them back in the game outside of the Menagerie. RoseOfKali 19:05, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
- It is a gimmick.
- And with that build, aggroing extras (after you've downed 1-2 mobs) is irrelevant. A F K When Needed 19:19, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
- You see, ever since they made it so you cannot exploit a pet's corpse, gimmicks like that just don't have any reason to take pets. None of the other summons leave exploitable corpses either, as far as I'm aware. Entropy (C) 03:54, 4 July 2009 (UTC)
FS is not used at all in PvP
I disagree, I've seen a lot of noobs use firestorm in PvP. Talk 18:16, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
- RA and AB aren't PvP for the purpose of that edit summary. --- -- (contribs) (talk) 18:18, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
- Then good day madam Talk 18:20, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
- I thought FS stood for Frozen Soil. But maybe thats from my B-faction farming days. Arnout aka The Emperors Angel 06:37, 1 July 2009 (UTC)
- Naw, FS quite obviously refers to Fire Support --Gimmethegepgun 06:49, 1 July 2009 (UTC)
- Arnout - I'd agree with you there. Because Frozen Soil's initals are FS, and nobody uses Firestorm. A F K When Needed 08:29, 1 July 2009 (UTC)
- RoF. --- -- (contribs) (talk) 12:33, 1 July 2009 (UTC)
A F K When Needed 19:37, 6 July 2009 (UTC)
- gtfo. --- -- (contribs) (talk) 16:09, 7 July 2009 (UTC)
A little checking reveals that the Semantic MediaWiki extension (which is installed on GuildWiki) apparently is supposed to add a refresh tab. I don't see it, though, so maybe it's only for sysops. (And for all I've been able to find, maybe it only appears on certain pages.) Nwash 20:51, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
- Hmm, interesting. I see it on every page except Special: pages; even now it's watching my every move. --- -- (contribs) (talk) 21:58, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
The "refresh" tab arrived with the SMW extension; it seems PanSola failed to advertise that (maybe he didn't notice himself).
We've got a thread on the RTE somewhere (could be staff noticeboard or community portal), and while I've been thinking about having it disabled, the damage it caused seems to have been limited, and it seems to have some benefit. Since you read RC and I don't, maybe your opinion is more decided than mine? --◄mendel► 20:51, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
- You don't see a lot of RTE massacres, so it's not a big deal. It's just odd to see a big bold red -246 (could be a little off) when someone adds a couple of empty lines in a page. Page loads can be a bitch, though, when RTE decides a table should be coded differently (whilst not changing a thing, really)... I still regret opening 3 RTE diffs on the Portal Jumping Project.
- As for that 'thread': Wsn#The new rich text editor fails That's 10 reasons to have it disabled. Ouch.
- While we're on the topic of my random thoughts: Do the Hide links on blags (comments, to be precise) work for you? I tried them a couple of times (along with plenty refreshes), but comments won't go away. Secretly, I always hoped to find something that doesn't work. --- -- (contribs) (talk) 21:55, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
- I think the Portal Jumping Project is now protected against the RTE with __NOWYSIWYG__ ? Felel free to add to that collection on the WSN.
- Anyway, have you tested that while logged out? When I checked for that, they were hidden, but maybe they aren't for admins. --◄mendel► 23:46, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
- I haven't seen any laggy diffs since you placed NOWYSIWYG there, so I guess it works :)
- And you're not an admin? Regardless; You cannot Hide comments at all when not logged in. I also checked Monaco now (slow load, argh); Hiding is functional for Monaco users. --- -- (contribs) (talk) 09:06, 20 July 2009 (UTC)
- Bleh, glad I didn't use Monaco view then :P And I'll keep that in mind next time I see something broken, haha. --- -- (contribs) (talk) 12:27, 20 July 2009 (UTC)
Wicked Wikia of the West
Usually when the favicon turns into the default "W", it means something's wrong with the servers. Which might explain why it's so slow today. --Macros 19:22, 10 August 2009 (UTC)
- When is there nothing Wrong With the servers? I think it's more correct to say there's noW more Wrong with Wikia's servers.. --- -- (contribs) (talk) 19:55, 10 August 2009 (UTC)
- Wikia Will phail some more before We lose our minds. Guild Wiki needs to take action. Talk 21:00, 10 August 2009 (UTC)
- All hail the almighty VV, the one true letter.--Łô√ë îğá†ħŕášħ 21:23, 10 August 2009 (UTC)
You got one. We got you. Reason to be happy! Let's keep it that way for one more year. :) --◄mendel► 12:05, 27 August 2009 (UTC)
- And after that year? :p --- -- (contribs) (talk) 12:11, 27 August 2009 (UTC)
- Another birthday, of course! --◄mendel► 16:01, 27 August 2009 (UTC)
-- † F1© Talk16:10, 27 August 2009 (UTC)
- Congratulations 22.214.171.124 (RT) 16:41, 27 August 2009 (UTC)
- Stop counting your and stuff your face with some you didn't pay for. Birthdays are one time you can pig out and not feel bad about it. ;) RoseOfKali 17:50, 27 August 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks guys <3 But, what's wrong with counting beer :< --- -- (contribs) (talk) 18:30, 27 August 2009 (UTC)
- You have to drink it... :P Gz!--El_Nazgir 20:15, 27 August 2009 (UTC)
- Ninety-nine bottles of beer on the wall... happy birthday Vipes. 22:14, 27 August 2009 (UTC)
- I find it strange how there is no "beer" in GW. Also, bon anniversaire. (T/C) 00:28, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
- Oh, wait, you're still a kid... um... oops... make that . :P You do have to count those, though, before you start bouncing off the walls from your sugar rush. RoseOfKali 01:13, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
- But he lives in Europe, where everyone drinks responsibly from the age of 2. 02:50, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
- Heh. Actually, where I live, with 17 years you'd be allowed beer, but not liquor. --◄mendel► 06:15, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
- I'm not sure about the Netherlands, but in Belgium you can drink beer from the moment you turn 16, and heavier booze when you turn 18.--El_Nazgir 06:41, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
- wikipedia:Legal_drinking_age#Europe says it's similar in the Netherlands. The UK are stricter, of course, which probably means that the young people do it as much (if not more) as elsewhere... --◄mendel► 06:53, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
- *pout* I'm not a kid. Teenager, at the very least :P And yes, legal drinking age is 16 here.. Although noone in my family cared that I drank beer when I was 15. Reminds me of when my youngest sister was given Schrobbelèr (21.5% alc. percentage and 43 herbs/spices) when she was ~12 to get rid of her heavy cough. It worked, too :D @Entropy: Isn't ale a type of beer? --- -- (contribs) (talk) 11:45, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
- From wikipedia:Ale: "Ale is a type of beer brewed from malted barley using a top-fermenting brewers' yeast." So yes, yes it is. --Gimmethegepgun 12:50, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
- Hrrmph. Anyway, I guess this is a contributing factor for why the Netherlands ranks #1 in studies of happiness. (T/C) 19:20, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
(ri) No Entropy, that'd be the weed.--El_Nazgir 21:28, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
We interrupt your normally scheduled spam period for an advertisement.
GO SIGN UP FOR MY CONTEST. It's on my main page. That is all.--Łô√ë îğá†ħŕášħ is hosting a Card Creation Contest! 04:01, September 5, 2009 (UTC)
Your current thought supports my point over on User talk:Quizzical/Offensive. :) --◄mendel► 14:38, September 21, 2009 (UTC)
- I remembered reading on that game when I read your comment on the /Offensive page, actually :> --- -- (contribs) (talk) 18:11, September 21, 2009 (UTC)
Mantra of Resolve notes
Wouldn't non-veteran players be helped by some comparison between the various PvP options for interrupt prevention?
And regarding the d'uh note: I freely admit it's obvious. I thought wiki should highlight the utility (or lack thereof) of the PvP version for non-veterans considering it for PvP.
On the whole, it seems to me that PvP veterans don't need (and perhaps even don't want) a lot of usage notes; they either know better already or think they know better. Is there a better balance between sparse and detailed that would help n00bs w/o annoying others?
Of course, consider the source of these questions: 5 minutes after commenting to a friend about the huge nerf, I went out trying to farm Raptors. It took me 15 minutes of repeatedly dying before I remembered that I wasn't going to live to enjoy casting a second MoR. (So, I might be even too n00b for PvE to be helpful to anyone.) — Tennessee Ernie Ford (TEF) 18:53, September 25, 2009 (UTC)
- Possibly, but that's where the QRs are for. QRs also often "replace" related skills.
- If anyone cannot possibly understand that a skill should be active to take effect, they should go back to Pong. But, I don't get what you're saying I think.
- PvP veterans would ignore the wiki most likely. Learning skills by icon/name(/animation) is important. They'd probably go all "lolol" over the note I didn't remove, too.
- Think up a non-redundant note for MoR if you really want more notes. --- -- (contribs) (talk) 19:47, September 25, 2009 (UTC)
It's real. not userspace. player started event. — Balistic 18:01, September 27, 2009 (UTC)
- It's not so much an event as a nickname. If we must have that article, just redirect it to the Hero Battles Zaishen Quest. --Macros 19:07, September 27, 2009 (UTC)
- It's hardly an event, imo. An event would be the Mursaat Rally. As Macros said, it's just something that people do. I won't oppose to a note on the "red resigns" phenomenon on the zest page (and redirecting the page to the zest), but a page for something that simple (and unofficial) is like having LFG and LFP as separate articles. --- -- (contribs) (talk) 13:40, September 28, 2009 (UTC)
Shameless advertisement and Giga ripoff
Come and take a look at my elite skill contest!--El_Nazgir 16:28, September 29, 2009 (UTC)
- Hey, thanks for spotting the mistake I made there on the contest page!--El_Nazgir 15:30, October 1, 2009 (UTC)
I liked making maps in WCIII, though I never even attempted something as complex as that sounds 0_0 The hours of copy+pasting, even more hours trying to get a trigger to work right, then redoing all of them if you can't... I miss it. I'm actually starting to learn how to mod FreeSpace 2, and the editor for it is similar to the WCIII editor in that it uses triggers instead of scripts, and the "tables" are similar to the object editor. And causes hours, and hours, and hours, of... entertainment. --Macros 20:36, October 7, 2009 (UTC)
- Meh, it's not really complex I think, but to my knowledge the only workaround to the fact spells can't really be upgraded (well, not with variables. If you refuse to get the second #targets upgrade for your Red Lightning of Doombringing, so be it. Regular skill leveling won't support that. Very, very time consuming though :< And it'll take another zillion triggers. I just pray it's even possible to make it work properly at the moment :P Going to create a couple of dummy skills and upgrade buildings now to make a basic trigger tonight.
- As for FreeSpace; Never could enjoy flight sims etc. myself; too much button mashing just to start your freaking engine and close the window >.>" How much does it play like a flight-sim? Aside from that, it does look fancy for it's time (it's older than D2 o-o).. Any ideas as to what you're going to create? --- -- (contribs) (talk) 14:20, October 8, 2009 (UTC)
- Well, it's the only flight sim I've ever played, so I have no idea how it compares to other games, though I've heard that it's one of the best of the genre. Also, the company that made it, Volition, released the source code for the editor, which caused most of the modding community to band together and create the "Source Code Project." Because of this, FreeSpace still has a large modding community. One of the best mods is the one that upgrades the graphics to where you need a modern top-notch machine to play at max settings. And at the moment, I'm still trying to figure out how to get two capital ships to attack each other; I think I set their AI too high because they tried to dogfight as though they were fighters moving in slow motion -.-" --Macros 17:46, October 8, 2009 (UTC)
- Read about the source code project on Wikipedia :> Quite awesome if you ask me (Valve also pulled this trick with their engine, iirc).
- Re Capital ships: Film it, and play at ~insane speed for an actual fight? ^^ You'd probably need a massive hard disk to write the un-fastforwarded clip to, though. Good luck getting it to work properly, regardless :>
- Small-esque update on WCIII: The final check will look like the following, roughly:
- If region L1 contains D1 = true
- If region L1 contains D2 = true
- Then: check for D3 etc
- Else: check for T1 etc
- If region L1 contains T1 = true
- Then: check T2
- If region L1 contains R1 = true
- Else: Remove skill (var;LightningL1) from Spire L // add skill Lightning1 D0-T0-R0 to SpireL // set (var;LightningL1) to 'Lightning1 D0-T0-R0'
- And yes, that is going to be massive. When you have D1 through D13, T2, R4 (still haven't decided on the amount of Recharge upgrades) that's 14+2+4=20 checks. This is for one of six skills it has to check (3 per side). You may now decide wether this is complex or not. Before you ask: Suffixes such as the upgrade numbers and L are invisible when playing :) --- -- (contribs) (talk) 18:31, October 8, 2009 (UTC)
- That classifies as epic tidal waves of walls of text, when finished ofc. As for filming it and speeding it up: the game already has a time compression feature, which ranges from .25 to 64 times the normal speed. I never understood the purpose of it; the game is basically impossible to play on anything except 1. But I did set it to x64 and watch them try to maneuver behind each other, which was funny since they're 6 km long and move at 25 m/s. I had to fly so far away to even be able to see both of them at once. --Macros 20:11, October 8, 2009 (UTC)
- They take 2 minutes to pass eachother by, assuming they start toe-to-toe o-o" I might just creatively acquire FS 2 just to see something like that happen. It sounds epic :D As for me, I got a little creative with the triggers, and made it all work out almost exactly how I want it (different condition, same effect, so I'm happy). Going to leave it all to rest for the moment, because I feel like pummeling hundreds of weak monsters to death more than creating hundreds of skills, 30 something buildings and 6 (I quote) epic tidal waves of walls of text. Luckily, I've a ton of time tomorrow xD --- -- (contribs) (talk) 20:33, October 8, 2009 (UTC)
(Reset indent) Now that makes me wanna check whether I have Freespace 2 on teh shelf; I have most of the descent series because I fell in love with the first installment ... --◄mendel► 21:50, October 8, 2009 (UTC)
- Freespace isn't actually part of the Descent series. The reason it's called "Descent: Freespace" is because at the time of its release, there was a commercial program already using the name. To avoid any lawsuits, they just tacked on the word "Descent" for the american version, and "Conflict" for the european version. The only relation Freespace has to Descent is they were published by the same company. --Macros 22:19, October 8, 2009 (UTC)
So yeah, apparently there's a global setting that disables all beam weapons (capital ship's main weapons) by default. And to enable them you have to change this setting. This is, apparently, the biggest newb mistake one can make. And often the first one :< Why aren't they just enabled by default? So now my capital ships sit still and rip each other to shreds like good little juggernauts of death. --Macros 18:33, October 9, 2009 (UTC)
- That's... Odd, to say the least o-o
- I do wonder why they tried to dogfight just because they had no beam weapons, though. Evasive manoeuvres? *lol* --- -- (contribs) (talk) 18:47, October 9, 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, the AI probably thought "osht, I can't fight back, I better start dodging," not realizing that A) a ship that size can't dodge anything, and B) the other ship was also disabled :P --Macros 20:33, October 9, 2009 (UTC)
You've been "cleaning up" all around Rose's Rfa (thank you!), but have so far refrained from making your own opinion known. I wonder why. --◄mendel► 22:33, October 9, 2009 (UTC)
- If you insist I can neutral all three RfAs. --- -- (contribs) (talk) 09:19, October 10, 2009 (UTC)
- That's not what I'm after. I value your opinion, and you're in a good position to have one. If you don't like to state it publicly, perhaps consider emailing me. --◄mendel► 11:21, October 10, 2009 (UTC)
- I am neutral about it, though. I just don't see the point in neutraling. --- -- (contribs) (talk) 17:20, October 10, 2009 (UTC)
- To date, I don't think Viper's voted on any RFA's, maybe one or two at max :| — Warw/Wick 17:32, October 10, 2009 (UTC)
- My last vote on an RfA (sept. 12, 2008, neutral). --- -- (contribs) (talk) 17:50, October 10, 2009 (UTC)
- Regardless of how you might vote in current RfAs, what would you like to see before offering your official support to a candidate? (Besides free booze and a chicken in every pot.) — Tennessee Ernie Ford (TEF) 18:35, October 10, 2009 (UTC)
- Nothing. --- -- (contribs) (talk) 19:18, October 10, 2009 (UTC)
x2 A F K When Needed 20:21, October 12, 2009 (UTC)
Thar. 23:07, October 14, 2009 (UTC)
- Ohi. To what do I owe this greeting? --- -- (contribs) (talk) 15:43, October 15, 2009 (UTC)
- My inconsistent visits to the wiki. 22:14, October 21, 2009 (UTC)
I smiled loudly
... at your warning on User talk:126.96.36.199, and it worked, too (so far, anyway)! :) --◄mendel► 21:00, October 15, 2009 (UTC)
- Smiling aloud, huh. Never heard that one before :P --- -- (contribs) (talk) 13:34, October 16, 2009 (UTC)
- It happens when your joints aren't lubed properly. Oil can. --Macros 13:55, October 16, 2009 (UTC)
- Heh heh heh...lube. rede | beiträge 08:53, October 19, 2009 (UTC)
It isn't a hex? I was under the impression that the -1...-3 degen part was a hex. -- 21:47, October 21, 2009 (UTC)
- Didn't actually read the skill until I pressed alt-s(ave); just looked at the infobox (which stated it was a Spell).
- My skill knowledge is withering away, I didn't recall the degen effect, so I assumed the Spell description was correct.
- But yeah, the degen effect made me realise it actually is a hex. Changed infobox accordingly, in fear of doing that again :D --- -- (contribs) (talk) 21:51, October 21, 2009 (UTC)
You've gotta love bad fanfiction dramatically read and gmodded, the guy who wrote it has written 9 crappy fanfictions, you can read all the others at His fanfiction page. He wrote a story called "Halo: Halos in Space" which is equally funny. RandomTime 14:32, November 7, 2009 (UTC)
- Yay, reading material :P Thanks for the links. --- -- (contribs) (talk) 19:49, November 7, 2009 (UTC)
Thanks a lot for blocking that guy,he was really annoying. ***EAGLEMUT*** TALK 14:52, November 15, 2009 (UTC)
The edit summary=Pure win.--El_Nazgir 18:56, December 3, 2009 (UTC)
Maybe of interest?
Successful dude with Asperger's 22:30, December 9, 2009 (UTC)
- Really liked the article. Always nice to hear about the positive aspects once in a while :D
- I tend to get bored shitless within an hour, though :P No dice for me. --- -- (contribs) (talk) 23:17, December 9, 2009 (UTC)
- So, I understand why you might end up shitless if you were scared, but how does boredom cause incontinence? O_o Well, unless your boredom led you to experimenting with a gallon of prune juice, I guess... RoseOfKali 01:59, December 10, 2009 (UTC)
- I have really small intestines, so food gets processed really fast. --- -- (contribs) (talk) 13:07, December 10, 2009 (UTC)
What else do you call it then? Non-head armor? —Dr Ishmael 00:20, December 10, 2009 (UTC)
- Guess why I didn't change it..
- 'Necro/Monk (Mo/N works too) headgear has a different cost from other armor pieces' or something? --- -- (contribs) (talk) 00:26, December 10, 2009 (UTC)
- Different material cost, and sometimes gold cost as well. E.g. body armor can require hide and leather, and headgear needs parchment and feathers or ink. Some headgear costs 800g for max armor, while the other pieces are 1k as expected, e.g. Ascalon armor from Suki in KC. Also prophecies armor sets all share one type of headgear, while the other campaigns have unique designs for each set. This is all why they need to be listed separately. RoseOfKali 01:53, December 10, 2009 (UTC)
Have a happy and a merry! — Tennessee Ernie Ford (TEF) 18:01, December 25, 2009 (UTC)
- Merry X-mas!!! -- † F1© Talk 18:46, December 25, 2009 (UTC)
- Happy Wintersday from me as well ! ***EAGLEMUT*** TALK 22:29, December 25, 2009 (UTC)
Eep. Okies, I was wrong :( --188.8.131.52 18:23, December 31, 2009 (UTC)
- This isn't the only creature that should be immune to KD, but isn't. Nomad and Sadistic Giants are the same way. And because they were never meant to be KD'd, they have no knockdown animation, so they just stand completely still. The Pinesouls are the same way. --Macros 18:57, December 31, 2009 (UTC)
- Don't worry about it :) It's far from obvious really. Sorry if I sounded hostile :( --- -- (contribs) (talk) 13:13, January 1, 2010 (UTC)
Happy New Year
Happy New Year! -- † F1© Talk 11:16, January 1, 2010 (UTC)
Run as Admin?
Odd. I had no trouble restarting GW normally after the new build. o_O Nwash 18:49, January 1, 2010 (UTC)
- The error report noted that GW was unable to write to gw.000 in C/Prog/GW. It's not that odd, seeing I'm using Vista with UAC enabled, but I figured I'd get a UAC warning rather than a program crash. It's also the first time for me. Probably just a fluke. I'm not 100% sure it's the Run as Admin that solved it anyhow, seeing I cannot reproduce the crash without a new update. Might have lucked out the third trial (tried twice regularly) whicheverway. --- -- (contribs) (talk) 18:54, January 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, I'm running Vista with UAC enabled too. That's why I thought it was odd; I was expecting to run into the same problem as soon as I saw your post, but it does seem like it must have been a fluke. Nwash 18:58, January 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Wait, you run vista? Are you serious? o.0 --El_Nazgir 19:14, January 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Yep. It was installed on this computer when I bought it, and I didn't feel like finding a copy of XP to install on it. Windows 7 wasn't out yet, and I've had no real problems so far. So, meh, don't feel like going through an OS upgrade while things are working okay. Nwash 19:17, January 1, 2010 (UTC)
- As for me: Yep. Ultimate ed. Comparing the error logs of the last year of my XP, and my one year on this Vista: Multiple Mbs (yes, fucking megabytes) vs <15 Kb. Vista is as terrible as the person behind the computer, same as XP, same as W7. The XP machine wasn't my own, and my sisters aren't the best with computers. RAM got screwy (anything written to a specific RAM card got returned erroneously), affecting my hard disk (GW had to rda every startup for example), and then ruining my whole OS. Fun times with XP, which works flawlessly, right. --- -- (contribs) (talk) 19:32, January 1, 2010 (UTC)
(RI) That was a most misleading headline. A F K When Needed 22:42, February 7, 2010 (UTC)
The Atronach is as overpowered as Insidious Parasite
Play the Apprentice, I herd taking double damage (or only +50%, depending on the game) from all spells is cool. At least you'll have the effect to add to your custom spells early on :3 --Macros 14:12, February 17, 2010 (UTC)
- Weakness to Magicka 50% (i.e. Morrowind) excludes elemental effects <3 Disintegrate, Blind, Sound, Burden, Drain, Damage and Absorb are affected by Weakness to Magicka. Greater Bonewalkers freaking hurt :< I almost always ended up with 5 or less strength after fighting one on a low level.
- I made one Apprentice on Morrowind; a summoner. In the end, I didn't really need the huge amount of Magicka. Mantle of Woe gives an even crazier amount :P Absorb Magicka 2-5pt on a large area (25ft, and I think it had 20s duration) was pretty effective for a minor refill after summoning all three Atronachs at once ^^ Too bad summons aren't really fit for fighting. They're slow and don't fight quickly; usually you have to take the first hit. That kinda sucked.
- A few days ago, I made half a set of armor with Permanent Summons. I had to reequip to respawn the summons, but it was fun to watch regardless :) Pretty much free, to boot. --- -- (contribs) (talk) 16:00, February 17, 2010 (UTC)
- I tried that once. I gave up because Morrowind doesn't allow you to use a hotkey to unequip a piece of clothing. Equipping it is fine, but to unequip it you have to go into the menu. Too inconvenient. That's one of the things I liked most about Oblivion... maybe that's a stupid reason to pick one over the other. At least Morrowind also gives you a lot more freedom with regards to enchanting. Is the Mantle of Woe that one in Bloodmoon? I seem to recall it being one of the most powerful items in the game.
- Too bad the game is virtually unplayable for me. It crashes more on this computer (that I've had for 5 years) than it ever did on the computer I had when I first bought it (which I also had for 5 years, before getting this one). I never understood why. --Macros 23:03, February 17, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, the Mantle is from Bloodmoon. -100 Personality, but freaking 50 Conjuration and a Magicka bonus of 5.0x Int. It also has 20 Sun damage, which hurts like hell (being able to unequip with a hotkey would be useful here!). It's such a ridiculous robe.
- I only crash if I tab/exit the game (tabbing is a quicker way of
crashing exiting the game than using the Quit Morrowind button >.>" ). I've installed 2 mods, along with the official addons and patch 1.6.something. The graphics extender (which is currently set to 16x regular draw distance: I can see Molag Mar from Azura's Shrine; map), and the Morrowind Code Patch, which fixed a couple big issues (the installer is really convenient, and allows you to choose what to patch and what not to. +1). There's another unofficial Morrowind patch, which fixes a hundred times more issues than I care about, along with thousands of text errors. I don't have that one, though. Perhaps those code patches can help your issues? --- -- (contribs) (talk) 13:29, February 18, 2010 (UTC)
- They might. I didn't try them the last time I tried playing Morrowind... probably because it was so long ago they either didn't exist or had just been released and weren't really worth it. But since I know modders are better at this sort of stuff than the developers (e.g.: Unofficial Oblivion Patch and the FreeSpace Source Code Project), I'd be willing to give them a try if/when I install Morrowind in the future. --Macros 18:01, February 18, 2010 (UTC)
- Fallout 3 was unplayable for me unless I used an end-user patch. Ex.: The game would always crash at the
Robocop RobCo (?) mainframe roomcomputer. Bah. It's something you'll do pretty often (well, I always did the Survival guide; the perk is pretty neat); I can't see how it even got in the final release. --- -- (contribs) (talk) 18:36, February 18, 2010 (UTC)
- Bethesda kept releasing patches that broke more than they fixed. It got to a point where a guy created his own patches, that had all the benefits of the official ones but none of the bugs. It wasn't something you could do in the GECK; he had to modify the source code. It makes me wonder why this guy could do this in his free time while Bethesda employees repeatedly failed to. For a time, the Unofficial Fallout Patch would only work with this "fake" patch, and not the official ones. --Macros 20:23, February 18, 2010 (UTC)
- I recall the armor-ignorance (ha ha) of the Deathclaw Gauntlet not working on release, then it gets fixed, and x patches later they broke it again. Could it be each patch is built up from 1.0, rather than the latest patch? :P However awkward it sounds, it explains the sheer stupidity to a degree. --- -- (contribs) (talk) 20:42, February 18, 2010 (UTC)
(about the picture) lol owned. Touch rangers can't beat pro wammos. You should try the Ordinator farming build on pvx. --Macros 18:54, February 19, 2010 (UTC)
- Ebony Scimitars deal too much base damage; They really should be fixed QQ. Additionally, Mending is stronger than Life Siphon. Necros should be better than monks at healing!
- We need you to link me to the Ordinator farmer. --- -- (contribs) (talk) 19:22, February 19, 2010 (UTC)
seems kind of boring compared to oblivion. I'll probably do the questline and shit anyway, since I have nothing to do on oblivion, but the ug of the graphics makes me sad :< — Warw/Wick 18:52, February 22, 2010 (UTC)
Tested against Master of Axes, and they both do. Of course, your damage is still only reduced by 15, unfortunately. —Dr Ishmael 20:40, March 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Ah, too bad. Would be nice if you either took 30 less damage, or only one took damage; I thought the latter would happen. Thanks for testing <3 --- -- (contribs) (talk) 20:43, March 6, 2010 (UTC)
^Click --Gimmethegepgun 16:39, March 31, 2010 (UTC)
- Hey, you, Skin of Vipermagi if you want one easy to remember :) On now. Didn't respond earlier because FO3. --- -- (contribs) (talk) 16:52, March 31, 2010 (UTC)
requesting for perma ban, dont ask why. it doesent ban me from other wikias, right? Novii 15:17, April 23, 2010 (UTC)
- I presume not; my email should be activated, so try that if you do get banned from every wikia. Well, one ban coming your way ("You asked for it" just got a whole new meaning ;o ). --- -- (contribs) (talk) 16:33, April 23, 2010 (UTC)