From the Guild Wars Nightfall manuscripts:
- Renegade Assassin
- "I know the smell of this. It smells of death."
- Zenmai learned the ways of silent assassination as a member of the Am Fah gang in Cantha. She broke with her criminal gang when that organization embraced the Canthan Plague as a "gift of the gods." Now she is mo zing - a traveling blade, a masterless assassin, selling her services to the highest bidder. She feels guilty for the disease that overtook her former brothers and sisters, but the one constant in her life has been change. In the growing darkness, she has the feeling that an old, familiar force is back, working from behind the scenes. She wants to confront whoever or whatever is ultimately responsible for the plague that stalked her land.
Missions and Quests
- R indicates that Zenmai must be in the party
Quests Involved In
- Kaineng City
- Realm of Torment
Zenmai starts with basic Am Fah armor, which is similar in appearance to Assassin Shing Jea Armor but which has its own unique variations. Her armor has an armor rating of 55 to 70, depending on her level. Like all heroes, her headgear provides an additional +1 attribute bonus based on the rune applied to it.
See also: Zenmai/Armor Gallery
In Kaineng City, as a neutral NPC:
- "Daggers are a girl's best friends ." [sic]
In Kaineng City, as an ally:
- "To the Undercity! We must save those civilians before they are lost to the sewers... along with my pay."
In Throne of Secrets:
- "In Cantha, we bow very low to heroes and to emperors. That is the way I will bow to you."
A hero's idle quote changes as the player progresses along the primary quests and missions:
- "We have gathered our survivors, but to what end? We must get them home."
- "These elders close their minds and open their mouths."
- "Vabbi is completely undefendable from the south. If the Kournans want to attack, they will succeed."
- "Prince Bokka the Magnificent. Tell me, do these Vabbi princes pay well?"
- "By Grenth. Goren dances like a Tengu drunk with Dwarven ale."
- "There is danger in the Garden of Seborhin. The shadows there speak of things even they cannot hide."
- "Torment does not frighten me. It is no different than any other hell I have seen: it is not Cantha."
Completion of Nightfall Campaign:
- "Elona is not the only land you saved, hero. All the world would have fallen to Abaddon...if it had not been for you."
Idle quotes that do not appear to depend on the storyline:
- "Before you know your enemy's weaknesses, you must know your own."
- "Clear your mind. Prepare for the battle ahead."
- "Listen to my daggers sing. The song is one of balance: pain and mercy, death and life. Dancing to the music of death is the purpose of the assassin. And it is the only joy I have to remind me of my homeland."
- "Nothing is truly evil. But some things bring a deep imbalance, and cause destruction. Like a plague, these things must be fought and destroyed before they damage the delicate construction of the world."
- "Physical obstacles are easy to break. Mental ones... that's the trick, friend. Break all the bones you want, it's the mind that will stop you from succeeding. Every time."
- "Can't you try harder? Make it a bit more... challenging?"
- "Dance with me, for a moment of beauty before the inevitable end!"
- "For the honor of Cantha!"
- "Getting out of bed was your first mistake today, friend. Crossing my path will be your last."
- "I know this dance. Let's quicken the beat."
- "I will tell your lord you fought well."
- "In the Emperor's name, I will not fail!"
- "One mind. Any weapon."
- "One, two, dead."
- "Silent and deadly."
- "Surrender or you will know pain beyond imagining!"
- "The moment you moved, it was already too late."
- "To hell with you, and tell Shiro I said hello."
- A duplicate Zenmai will show up as a "Mo Zing Assassin".
- The original quest to gain Zenmai, Gain Zenmai, was replaced with Chasing Zenmai in a previous update.
- In Chasing Zenmai, it was implied that Lale the Vindictive was Zenmai's former close compatriot, before she turned mo zing.
- She can be seen in the second Nightfall trailer.
- Zenmai is the Japanese name for the "royal fern", it also means "spring" (the mechanism, not the season).
- "I know this dance. Let's quicken the beat." is likely a reference to the movie "The Fifth Element" where the lead antagonist Zorg says, "I know this music, let's change the beat."
|Goren • Koss Acolyte Jin • Margrid the Sly Dunkoro • Tahlkora Master of Whispers • Olias Norgu|
Acolyte Sousuke • Zhed Shadowhoof Zenmai Razah Melonni General Morgahn